- Lead, communicate, and direct diverse teams, stakeholders, and sponsors.
Helen is a newly assigned Chief Information Officer for a fast growing online retail store that employees over 1000 employees. The company is geographically spread across several states in the North-Eastern United States. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, the companies leadership consists of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operations Officer (COO), Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Production.
The CEO has asked Helen to provide a recommended organizational structure that integrates Information Technology across the company. Helen must also create the Management Information System (MIS) department from the ground up. Considering the cost to the company, Helen must articulate the importance of each MIS role/position and adequately demonstrate the operational need of MIS. The CEO has asked Helen to provide a mission statement for her newly formed team.
You will provide 2 separate deliverables as follows:
- Create a 2-3 slide (Power Point) presentation that Helen will use to brief the CEO.
- Provide a mission statement for the newly formed MIS team that emphasizes the importance of customer service.
- Create an organizational chart that depicts the key business positions as well as the recommended MIS positions that Helen has been charged with creating.
- Use the notes section to provide detailed speaker notes
- Provide a 1-2 page written summary of each MIS position that describes the purpose of the position as well as how the positions benefits the strategic goals of the company.
- Design effective information technology models for implementing technology for the organization.
Meow-Mart is a locally owned cat boutique specializing in custom-built cat condos. Meow-Mart has teamed up with a local carpentry business and have seen a boom in business within a 100 mile proximity to the stores premise.Meow-Mart has decided to hire a Management Information Systems consultant to assess and recommend an Information Technology plan that supports the following business objectives:
- Improves marketing to all 50 states
- Automates business transactions
- Secures personal data
- Streamlines logistics such as supply management and distribution
- Provides a collaborative communications platform
- Ensures that there is no loss of data due to unexpected outages
You will present your IT plan to Meow-Mart’s Owner using Microsoft PowerPoint. You will need to include audio explaining the slides, diagrams/charts, quantitative analysis, and Disaster Recovery Planning worksheet. To find help on how to include audio with your PowerPoint presentation see the link in Resources.
The strategy must include the following components:
- Explain the types of Information Technology systems that would support the objectives (1 slide, include text explanation in the notes)
- Use diagrams and/or charts as a visual aid (2 slides minimum)
- Provide quantitative analysis in order to measure performance and benchmarks (1-2 slides)
- Use the Disaster Recovery planning worksheet (attached) to develop a strategy that ensures no loss of data due to unexpected outages (1 slide, include text explanation in the notes)