Complete the problems below and submit your work in an Excel document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set.
Included in the Week Two tab of theEmployee Salary Data Setare 2 one-sample t-tests comparing male and female average salaries to the overall sample mean.
- Below are 2 one-sample t-test comparing male and female average salaries to the overall sample mean. Based on our sample, how do you interpret the results and what do these results suggest about the population means for male and female salaries?
- Based on our sample data set, perform a 2-sample t-test to see if the population male and female average salaries could be equal to each other. (Since we have not yet covered testing for variance equality, assume the data sets have statistically equal variances.)
- Based on our sample data set, can the male and female compas in the population be equal to each other? (Another 2-sample t-test.)
- Since performance is often a factor in pay levels, is the average Performance Rating the same for both genders?
- If the salary and compa mean tests in questions 2 and 3 provide different results about male and female salary equality, which would be more appropriate to use in answering the question about salary equity? Why? What are your conclusions about equal pay at this point??