DDBA 8307B: Quantitative Business Data Analysis Using SPSSAssignment: SPSS – Descriptive Statistics
For this Assignment, you will use SPSS (PASW) software and learn to properly manipulate data according to APA requirements. This is an important skill and will be a major factor in future Assignments in this course, as well as in your Doctoral Study.
To prepare for this Assignment, review the Week 2 Assignment Exemplar document provided in the week’s Resources, and download the Week 2 Assignment Template. Be sure to review the footnotes, as they provide helpful information. Also, review Lessons 20 and 21 in the Green and Salkind (2017) text, as well as the Copying and Pasting SPSS Output Into Word document, located in this week’s Resources. Download and use the Week 2 Assignment Dataset file for this Assignment. Keep in mind that you cannot draw conclusions using descriptive statistics without further testing (inferential statistics). Inferential statistics (e.g., t-tests, ANOVA, correlation, regression, etc.) will be covered in later weeks.
By Day 7
Submit an application of descriptive statistics within a quantitative business research context that follows the Week 2 Assignment Template. Your application must include the following:
- An explanation of the implications of “Scales of Measurement” in quantitative research
- A properly stated research question
- A “Presentation of Findings” section, to include appropriate descriptive statistics for nominal (categorical/qualitative) and scale (ordinal, interval, and ratio) data using appropriately formatted APA table(s)
- One appropriate graph for a nominal variable (e.g., pie chart) and one appropriate graph for scale (quantitative) variable (e.g., histogram)
- An Appendix containing the SPSS output (see the Week 2 Assignment Exemplar)
- Correct APA formatting, including in-text citations and a separate References page where appropriate
Please Note: You will cut and paste the appropriate SPSS output into the Appendix. The SPSS output is not in APA format, so you will need to type the information from the SPSS output to the appropriate sections of the APA table. You must use the Week 2 Assignment Template to complete this Assignment. Also, refer to the Week 2 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.