1. What is the meaning of Corporate Strategy and why is it important?
2. Describe the relationship between Corporate and Business level Strategy and how they influence each other.
3. Evaluate the strategic rationale behind the acquisition decision. That is, why did VF decide that it makes strategic sense to acquire Timberland?
4. What kind of resources can likely be shared across different brands between an apparel maker and a football maker and why is this important? What kind of resources are unlikely to be shared?
5. How much does being a larger, more diversified apparel and footwear company increase VF Corp’s bargaining power over its suppliers and customers?
6. If VF had increased its sales only by the amount of Timberland’s sales and had not reaped an increase in profitability, would you consider the acquisition successful?
7. Was the acquisition worth it? How might you compare and evaluate VF’s increase in profits to the premium it paid for Timberland
i would attach the case study soon